Our Lady of Lourdes Church was founded in 1918 with the establishment of the first classroom in 1924. For almost 100 years, Our Lady of Lourdes and Her School has been an anchor in the community. Over the span of those years, more than 3,000 individuals have been educated in the foundations of our Catholic faith. Spreading across the entire United States and in many countries around the world, those people have greatly contributed to the betterment of our neighborhood and society.
We are a faith filled community that shares in the Mission of Jesus through our baptism and through our commitment to His Gospel values by:
Witnessing our faith.
Worshiping and giving thanks together in the Catholic tradition.
Providing Christ-centered educational opportunities through our School and other Pastoral Services.
It was a bright, sunny day on Saturday, November 9, 1918, 48 degrees high, 37 low, above average for that time of year. This was the day Archbishop Jeremiah J. Harty announced the formation of a new parish in the Hanscom Park area. The Archbishop had been informed by a delegation of future parishioners that this section of the city was growing rapidly and that it was inconvenient for people in the area to walk or ride a streetcar to attend services at St. Peter's Church which was, and still is located at Leavenworth and 27th Streets [...]Read More
About Fr. Vitalis E. Anyanike
Father Vitalis Ejike Anyanike became our new pastor beginning July 1, 2021. He was born to Ignatius and Virginia Anyanike, a Nigerian family who relocated to the Unites States. With the family's long history of Catholic faith, Father Vitalis pursued a vocation in the Catholic priesthood under the sponsorship of the Catholic Archdiocese of Omaha. [...]Read More
Parish Office Staff
Rev. Vitalis E. Anyanike
Rev. Pat McCaslin
Director of Religious Education
Deacon Frank Hilt
Parish Council Interim President